So you have great content... Part 1
How can you achieve success in your business through using social media with great content?
It’s not about being an expert at social media. It’s mostly about being good at business because of your social media and the content that you share.
You need to have a content strategy. Why are you sharing it, when are you sharing it and who are you sharing it with?
I think that there are 3 key elements to consider when sharing your content online. Good story telling, your brand awareness and the ‘know, like and trust’ factor.
I’m just going to tickle your thought process with a few little bullets points.
1. Good story telling - sending the right message, to the right people at the right time (the classic marketing phrase).
• You can do this by giving your readers quality, valuable and informative information in a way that is easy to understand with a clear call to action if desired • Broadcast your content (in an appropriate manner) and ask people to share your content if they find it valuable. You want them to ‘spread the word’ – to be a testimonial for your knowledge, expertise, service or product • Deliver information that has a purpose and offers a solution to your customer’s problems or needs • Think creatively, emotionally, borrow good ideas (it’s a compliment to those you borrow the ideas from but be mindful of plagiarism), keep up to date with the changes and hot topics!
2. Brand awareness - use good communication , be clear about what you are and what you have to offer.
• Build your brand's presence on social media. Are you on the appropriate social media platform for your industry? Don't forget to consider time zones when you are posting. Join online groups that are relevant to you and your customers • Have a cunning plan! Review what you have done so far, what has worked for you and what hasn't? • What makes you different? Tell customers why they should pick you, what is special about your brand? • Be leaders, show your expertise – be proud of your brand and put yourself on your customer's radar
3. Know, like and trust – build relationships, help people, be interesting and don’t be afraid to fail.
• Treat social media a little bit like a house party, invite people in – get them to bring their friends • Put yourself in your customer’s shoes engage and retain. Treat them like your partner • Evoke emotions, enhance your customer's lives, ask for feedback and respond • Make it easy for them to find you and find the answers they need
Your website is your 24/7 salesman or woman! Keep it fresh and share your content. Tell a great story, emotions sell and everyone loves a great story!
So, if you have great content, use it wisely. If you don’t I’m happy to help. Contact me by email: email@example.com or call me: +44(0)7800887857. I would appreciate a ‘like’ and ‘share’, thanks.